Q and A's
We know a first visit to church can be a bit daunting or confusing. So here’s what to expect…
- We’ll say hello –when you arrive, after the service, and sometimes there’s an informal welcome time in the meeting.
- We’ll sing, usually 4 or 5 Christian songs during the service. Sing along, or just listen.
- We’ll pray. Some prayers are in a book or on the screen; others are led from the front. Just listen in, you don’t have to pray out loud.
- We’ll hear updates on church news and upcoming events. There’s a newsletter, too.
- We’ll hear some passages from the Bible read.
- We’ll listen to a Bible talk (about 25 minutes).
- We’ll enjoy refreshments after church. Usually morning tea or supper, but 11:30am offers lunch each week and 6pm has dinner once a month.
We’d love you to join us one Sunday.
We can’t think of a better place for you to learn about Jesus. Let us know where you’re up to in your exploration! No one will be pushy; we’re delighted to help.
Leaders are happy to offer resources or meet up to discuss. You may like to join a Simply Christianity course, or even a small Bible study group. Just ask.
place link for Simply christianity on Simply Christianity
You won’t need to be familiar with the Bible to participate in our meetings. We have Bibles in the seats, and readers will give you page numbers for the readings.
Nobody is going to be offended if you ask honest questions or raise issues (whatever they might be). And if you just want to attend for a while and find your feet, that’s great, too.
If you’re visiting, not you! We don’t ask visitors to contribute financially; please feel no obligation to do so.
The majority of our income is voluntary contributions by church members (via a collection during the service or by electronic banking). Our main expenses are staff costs and building maintenance. We also encourage members to give to Christian mission agencies. We don’t receive any direct financial support from the government or the wider Anglican church.